Thursday, August 11, 2011

Adventures In A Cooling Vest



My cooling vest arrived and it has been wonderful; although I think clients and class participants seem to think I have got my "mean" on, pushing them harder than usual. I decided on the Stacool Under Vest and Sylvia was wonderful in answering all of my questions and quelling any concerns.

I picked a cooling vest based on reviews on ActiveMSers. So a huge thank you to Dave for helping make my summer better.

I have been surprised at how much it has helped. I didn't realise how much my body was struggling until it didn't need to. I have been seen wearing the vest while ironing and gardening, and generally when it is too warm for me but not anyone else.

When just left alone, sitting on a chair, the vest stays cool for up to 6 hours. However, when I am wearing it, I get around 2-3 hours; less if I have doing cardio or if I'm in direct sun. I must generate more BTUs than I think.

The only modification I had to make was to spend 10 mins removing the clothing label. It was stitched on tight and very scratchy.

Either way, I cannot imagine life without a freezer and my beloved cooling vest.

Lots of sunshine to you all,

Fi

PS Oh, and before I forget, the vests are made in the USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment