Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Twinkie Diet




I saw this on the news a few weeks ago; a professor of nutrition embarked on a diet experiment to lose weight while eating foods that are considered "bad".

As a result, he lost 27 pounds. However, there is no research into the long term health implications of such a diet.

The article stated:

"Before his Twinkie diet, he tried to eat a healthy diet that included whole grains, dietary fiber, berries and bananas, vegetables and occasional treats like pizza.

"There seems to be a disconnect between eating healthy and being healthy," Haub said. "It may not be the same. I was eating healthier, but I wasn't healthy. I was eating too much.""

So the diet dilemma continues. My recommendation is to eat healthy and keep an eye on your portions.

Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment