Friday, March 5, 2010

Chocolate Milk, the new SuperFood

Joel Stager has recently become my new hero. His latest research in the International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism lists CHOCOLATE MILK as the ultimate post-workout recovery drink. It claims chocolate milk provides the carbs and protein your body needs to heal after a tough workout session.

While I admit there are not many days that I will work out to the same level the athletes he studied work at, it is just very pleasing to know that the humble chocolate milk is not just a super decadent treat, or a long lost childhood memory.

As a word of caution though, do check the ingredient list and nutritional information on the chocolate milk you are gulping; it still can pack a caloric punch. I find myself partial to Horizon Reduced Fat Chocolate Milk in a Tetra Pak, which I believe is also sold under the Kirkland label at Costco.



No comments:

Post a Comment